Wednesday, June 6

Heaven and Dating

Since Grandpa died, I have been spending time reading about heaven.  This is the heaven of Christianity.  The more I read about it, the more I am thinking "take me, I'm ready NOW!"  That's not depression, it sounds like the most fabulous place you could ever be.  I can see where people who are given the option to go toward the light or go back to earth, choose the light.  I pray to have the courage to go to the known unknown heaven when given the option.

I've also started working on dating again.  I actually posted a profile on OkCupid.  Tell me if I'm crazy.  I posted a profile before on Match and Eharmony and they were both awful.  This one is free and it seems like there are some interesting guys on there.  I am picky though.  I tend to attract what I feel are losers--guys who are not really ambitious and I think that they clammer toward my open nature.  I don't mind knowing some people like that but I don't want to date them because they would drive me crazy.  Funny thing is though, that for guys I express interest in, I don't get a response.  I have to chalk it up to the fact that it is just not the right time.

There's this side of me though that does debate on being single for some time.  I have been hearing from my married friends that it's not as easy/fun as one would expect to be married.  One of my bigger hangups is the sex piece and also hoping that the guy does not have a real hankering for kids.  I just don't see that in the cards in this lifetime.  Adoption to me sounds really draining and difficult.

Time will only tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment