Friday, June 15

MRKH and Warts

Today I went to get a wart removed off the bottom of my foot.  The medical assistant did all of the check in stuff--weighing me, took my temperature, took my blood pressure, etc.  She took me into the room and asked me when I had my last period.  Then I had to explain to her that I don't get periods.  She asked me if I had a hysterectomy.  I told her no, I was born that way...Can't tell you how many times I am sick of that question at the doctor's office!

How about you?

2 comments:

  1. First off I just want to say I came across your blog and any time I have a chance to just talk to other women with MRKH or just hear their stories it helps me feel not so alone. Reading some of your entries brings tears to my eyes because I feel like someone actually knows and understands my pain- my friends and parents try to understand and have the best intentions, but I think this is just one of those things you have to have experienced to talk about whole-heartedly.

    In response to this particular post, I have such a crazy array of emotions every time a nurse asks me that; anger, sadness, frustration, depression, humiliation, longing, and a lot more that I can't quite put my finger on. The thing that gets me is, I've been going to the same doctor for several years, even before and after I was diagnosed, and the nurses still ask me...you would think they would remember something like that, you know? That question has always upset me.

    Let's both stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind words. It is impossible for people to relate to this I agree. I'm dating right now and just the thought of sex brings me anxiety. I'm going to make a new post tonight about that. Thanks for reading and drop me a line anytime. :)

    ReplyDelete