Tuesday, June 12

Game Over!

Today my grandpa would have been 92...This year he is celebrating with his parents, siblings, grandma and lots of old friends in heaven.

The Game On! diet is finally over.  It ended on Monday and my body couldn't be happier.  I ended up weighing 140.3 at the end of the game.  Of course, on Sunday, I subsisted on lemons, string cheese, and almonds.  Needless to say, I am finally nourishing myself the way my body wants.  I'm finding renewed energy for my workouts as well.  I didn't know what a slug I was becoming.  I plan on maintaining this weight loss but my own way.  The game taught me balance in what I eat, to drink a lot of water, break some bad habits, and gain some healthy ones.     My bad habit was not putting my clothes away each night, so I did that.  My new good habit was to read 25-30 pages each night.  I never craved new variety in my diet before as I did by the end of this game.  I tried Kale chips last night.  I didn't like them, but it was fun to try.  I also got some okra and will figure out how to prepare it.

The summer is taking off.  My house is being remediated because they forgot to put flashing on the windows so we have a lot of mold.  It's a fiasco right now.  They will be starting on my building soon (I live in a condo).  I'm headed off to my sister's house to see her family and one of my cousins and her family are coming too.  It's my first vacation this year.  I bought a book on photography and plan on maxing out the capabilities of my camera.  I'll post a few pictures on here once I get going.  I bought a Mac in the last month too, so I hear that the picture capabilities on this are great.

I posted a profile on okcupid.com last weekend.  I don't think that I held it up for more than a few days.  I know only one person needs to like me but I was not getting any hits after they read my profile.  Dating in your 30's just plain sucks.  I don't know how to otherwise describe it.  Pile on the MRKH, which as you know is my baggage, and you've got a challenge as a guy,  The thing that kills me on the site is that it is like a menu at a restaurant and ridiculously prescriptive.  A lot of guys say that they want to have families and they are in their late 30's...I'm thinking "buddy you're a little late on that one." The other thing that people assume (and I know MRKH girls already know) is that they CAN have kids.  That in and of itself is a crapshoot.  I mean lots of people who think that they can conceive struggle with it.  It ends relationships.  When I tell guys about the MRKH and the kids situation I tell them that it is a blessing and curse to know it up front.  I know I have a lot to offer the right person, and I'm so ready for him to get here.  

6 comments: