Sunday, December 1

Born of a Virgin Mary

I had a baby shower in the last month for one of the assistants in my office suite.  She was expecting and struggling financially with her husband to get it all together.  For some reason, that kind of stuff really bothers me perhaps because I am a planner or perhaps because I can't ever plan for my own babies.

At the same time, I question if I really do want to have kids in my life.

I didn't go to the baby shower.  I told my assistant (she wasn't the pregnant one) that I don't do baby showers, wedding showers, or bachelorette parties.  They are not my things.  I can't handle everyone doting on someone watching them open gifts and talking about spouses or babies.  Both of those topics are not something that I want to discuss.  It's probably because even at 33, I am working through the feelings still of my perceived life perfection and my reality of imperfection.


Christmas is ramping up.  Essential to the season is the birth of Jesus, which seems to be forgotten in the rush to purchase the perfect present.  I was thinking tonight about Mary being a virgin when she became pregnant with Jesus.  What a gift.


2 comments: