Monday, July 19

Diagnosis Part 2


So I left the visit totally crying and not fully understanding what was going on. I was a very private 16 year old girl. Crying was something I did not do in front of anyone other than family. I had to call my nurse practioner to figure out what was going on. She told me that my gynecology did not appear normal. My mom said my doctor was calling all over town to figure out what was going on. That made me feel much less like a freak, not.

I never went back to that doctor.

The nurse practioner gave me the name of this professor in Texas who knew about the condition, but the largest clinic in the metro area had no idea what do do with it or who to refer to. I didn't make that call to see anyone about treatment at that point. At that point, I just tried to deal with the whole situation emotionally.

I think the most emotionally offensive test was the lab that made sure I was a girl. Seriously.


All of the emotions going through me combined with additional horomones from the testing, I was quite a pleasure that summer. John was a comfort for me through it all. He stayed by my side through the testing and I appreciated that. 


So by the time all of these tests concluded, as I mentioned, I was in college 200 miles away.  I remember receiving the final test result in September when I was in the first month of college.

***********

Read my entire diagnosis story.  Note at the bottom of each post is a theme, and if you would like to read more about a particular theme (i.e. dilation treatment, depression, dating, etc) click on the word below.

No comments:

Post a Comment